Friday, December 12, 2008

Good SEO and SEO Scams

Sometimes you just have to say no. I have a potential client wanting me to help them rank well for a very competitive market. After doing my research I realized that it could take a year to accomplish this goal. In fact, there are simply no guarantees in the SEO world. I do not want to make any promises on something that far in advance. Too many variables here.

What I can do for this client is help him see where he is throwing money away. He is paying for someone to do PPC for him and yet this person will not give him any statisitics. He doesn't know what people are clicking on most, he has no idea how his site is converting, nothing. He just feeds this guy money and has to have faith that it's helping his business profits grow.

Sadly, this sort of thing happens quite often. My interest in starting a search engine optimization business came from a friend being scammed from an seo company. He was paying $80.00 a month for 10 keyword phrases. When I did the research I found that 9 of those keyword phrases had less than 10 searches on average a month. One keyword had almost 400 searches from Google.

Selecting keywords that people do not use to locate your business is obviously a waste of time. However, most businesses that hire someone to help them with search engine optimization have no idea what makes a good seo company and what is a bad seo company.

You can read more about search engine optimization by visiting my ReddingSEO.com website.

Until next time,
Chrisi Darrington

No comments: